In 1932, during the Depression, Katherine Perley Benson wanted to draw more customers to her farm stand, so she transformed her front porch into a sit-down ice cream parlor offering a plate of ice cream for 5 cents.
When her son, John Benson, returned from World War II, he took over the business with his wife, Ruby, and they converted it into the ice cream stand it is today.
Katherine's great-granddaughter and her family are the current owners, and multiple generations of the Benson family spend their summers working at the stand.
We are proud to have such a long legacy of ice cream service. In special anniversary years, we try to celebrate with specials and by participating in the Boxford 4th of July Parade. We also celebrate National Ice Cream Day each July with specials and fun! Follow us on Facebook for more updates.